Roade Main Garage has been owned and run by the Hemming family since 1960. Its exact date of origin in unknown, but it had at least 2 owners, Derek Tarry & Tommy Cooper prior to Bill Hemming moving from London to Roade in 1960. After Bill’s passing in 1979 it was run by his wife, Irene Hemming until their son Jack took over in 1983. He was then joined by his son, Sean in 2002 who then became Director in 2010 and took over the reins to allow for Jack’s well-earned retirement.
Roade Main Garage has seen many changes over the years, but it has always retained the same company ethos of being an honest & reliable village garage. It is these honest family values that has not only carried it through two recessions but also allowed it to grow from strength to strength over the last six decades.
It is an amazing achievement from all three generations that today, Sean still sees some of Bill’s original customers from the 1960’s
To meet the increased workloads and demands of today’s world, in 2017 the original 1920’s buildings were demolished and a new, modern, purpose-built facility was built. The new facility is, clean, bright, full of technology and double the size of the original buildings. Perfect for working on today’s modern vehicles while still being able to cater for the older ones too. The project Created new jobs in the local area and secured the future of Roade Main Garage as a leading independent vehicle repair center.